About Our Team
We adhere to industry best practices and continuing education; and our Acquisitions, Finance, and Technology teams are capable and ready to help you get your deals done.
Our Acquisitions team is experienced, devoted, and easy to work with. With the ability to meet our clients demands. Helping buyers, sellers and investors achieve and surpass their real estate investment goals is the NewLook Realty Company Acquisitions team’s passion. Their skill set allows them to quickly and accurately evaluate a parcel of land or an existing building and determine its best use, estimate its potential worth, negotiate the purchase, and then facilitate getting the project entitled, financed, constructed, leased and managed. We have a good team and are here to help you.
Our acquisition team’s knowledge of real estate investment, and strong leadership skills, help clients take advantage of new business opportunities using strategic and creative solutions. An extensive list of industry specific contacts allows us to conduct business efficiently, effectively, collaboratively, and accurately.
Our Finance team is comprised of experts who handle our financing, bank loans, and perhaps most importantly, private money loans.
Private money lending is of paramount importance to any residential investment company. It lends speed and efficiency to transactions, and leverage is far greater when properties are purchased with cash funds. Many of the homes we purchase are owned by motivated buyers, and require an extremely quick sale.
A traditional bank requires 30 to 45 days to close a loan, while the homes in question usually require a sale within 10 to 14 days. Many traditional home sales fall through due to complications with financing. Thus, having access to cash reserves for leverage allows us to negotiate a much lower purchase price, because very few individuals or companies can operate on such tight deadlines. Sellers are highly motivated to accept our offers, rather than risk accepting a competitor’s, only to have the deal fall through. In return for our ability to deliver funds quickly, sellers are willing to accept much lower prices than they would from conventional buyers.
Successfully negotiating with sellers on such tight deadlines while keeping up with the ever-changing landscape of the real estate industry is a serious challenge. Lending guidelines are continually changing and require complicated applications, approvals, junk fees and strict investor guidelines. These guidelines also limit the number of investment properties that can be purchased by a single company. But this is where our finance department excels, and allows for our success.
Through the careful application of technology, our technology team has been able to achieve a huge advantage over our completion. The team’s intricately detailed workflow processes allow our staff to complete work on a scale that would normally require a much larger staff. This allows us to greatly reduce overhead and improve our margins.
Our technology team has developed a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system of four inter-related platforms to identify great investor properties with exceptional speed. These platforms allow us to accelerate the process of discovering properties through sheriff’s sales, auctions, bank REO tapes, individual motivated sellers, and MLS.
Our Technology team has also developed a Proprietary Property Comparison System (PPCS), which allows NewLook to quickly and accurately determine the after renovation value (ARV) of properties by combining 3 industry-proven methods utilizing BPOs, realtor CMAs, and appraiser methods of normalizing the subject property to other comparable properties.
Thanks to the efforts of our Technology team, we are able to track and manage a large number of buyers and sellers in an automated–but accurate–fashion. Our company as a whole is constantly being astonished by our Technology team’s ever-growing ability to increase our effectiveness and profitability.
Company founder Jeff Johnson is a highly experienced real estate expert.
Jeff has a diverse background in real estate, and with degrees in real estate, land use affairs and construction management, and a targeted employment career that includes:
- Co-founding and operating WhyNot Community Housing, an affordable housing non-profit for 10 years
- Being a real estate broker for 25 years
- Presiding as President of West Coast Construction and Development, a cell tower development and construction company
As a 25 year resident of the Sacramento area, he has the detailed knowledge of the neighborhoods buyers may be considering for their dream home, help sellers get maximum return for their property, and find perfect investment opportunities for residential real estate investors.
Jeff has been a General Engineering Contractor for the last 25 years, and has established a skilled team of subcontractors who can be relied on to get projects finished on time and on budget. Whether it’s a home addition, a kitchen or bath remodeling, or a complete rehab of an investment property, client satisfaction is his top priority.
As the principal of NewLook Realty Company, Jeff is responsible for the effective and successful management of each project. Leading the team to achieve established goals, and directly participating in related business negotiations significant to the operations of the company. His primary role is working to provide a quality product and to promote positive working relationships with investors, colleagues, partners, vendors and employees.
- Real Estate Broker — NewLook Realty Inc.
- President — West Coast Construction and Development – Cellular Tower Construction and Engineering
- Project Manager — Whynot Community Housing Corporation – Non-Profit Residential Construction
- Construction Inspector – U.S. SBA/FEMA Federal Disaster Assistance – Over 4000 inspections of residential and commercial structures
- General Engineering Contractor — NewLook Construction – Construction and Remodeling of Residential housing
- Sacramento State University – BS — Real Estate and Land Use Affairs
- University of California at Davis – Construction Management
- Sacramento State University – Construction Management & Post Graduate Studies
- Grossmont College — AA
- Licensed California Real Estate Broker
- Licensed Real Estate Appraiser – Provisional
- A-1 General Engineering Contractor
- B-1 General Building Contractor
- C-7 Low Voltage Electrical Contractor
- C-8 Concrete Contractor
- C-10 Electrical Contractor
- B-2 Nevada General Building Contractor (Inactive)
- Inspection Training Associates (ITA) — Graduate
- Member – CREIA – California Real Estate Inspectors Association
- Affiliate -ICC — International Code Council
- Member – Sacramento Association of Realtors, California Association of Realtors, National Association of Realtors
- Certified Home Inspector / Manufactured Home Inspector – Jim Lucas Enterprises, Inc. – Certificate #M3159
- Association of General Contractors
Lisa Carrera, Outreach coordinator and Acquisitions
Lisa is an experienced listing and sales agent who has helped many buyers and sellers solve their home purchasing and selling issues. She is an ordained Pastor for her church, does work with women’s groups, and holds annual food drives for two different women’s and children shelters, as well as, performing missionary services to other countries with her church. She readily connects with seller’s in distress with her caring personality, and works with sellers who find themselves needing to sell their home, to find the best solutions. She is a true gem to work with.